Thursday, June 16, 2011

Cornetto Girl (Part 1)


                It was raining. Since the morning, the skies had been tearing rains. I would not say that I hate rain, but I would be taken back in my memories when I looked at the rain. Never know why, I was just automatically been taken back in my past. Although, I would smile by myself every time I recalled the incident. That incident taught me the true meaning about love and friendship. That was the incident that turned my life around.

                It all started when I was in my last year of high school. There was one beautiful classmate of mine. With her black-gem eyes, soft angelic voices, and pure innocent smiles, she was the epitome of beauty. She was perfect, except for one flaw in her characters. She was extremely timid. I had never seen her talking to the boys in my class. It would be a miracle to just to have a conversation with her. She, the one who conquered my heart was named May.

                Although many attempts to get to know her better failed, I was given a new hope that might just work. I found out about her favourite food of all. It was Cornetto ice cream. Unknown to me, it was just a Cornetto ice cream that was our token of affection and what bounded us together. It happened when I least expected it.

                On one fine day, I found myself in the canteen, confronting the fridge supposedly containing Cornetto ice cream. Shocked, I felt when all that was left for that day was just 2 more Cornetto ice cream. For some unexplainable reasons, I bought both the Cornetto ice creams. Just a few moments passed and I could feel the presence of the princess of my heart. She was dumbfounded the see there was no more of her favourite ice cream left available.

                I could not turn my head to her as I was too shaken up. I could not think of anything. But somehow I knew she would have made her sad but cute face. Fate had chosen the perfect timing to jump in. Instinctively, I held out my left arm holding a Cornetto ice cream. I could not turn my head to her and could not say anything as I was murmuring prays. I really hoped for her to just take the ice cream. I repeated the same thing all over.

                Suddenly, I could not feel the pressure of holding the ice cream anymore. Miraculously, she took the Cornetto ice cream. I was overjoyed that I felt like jumping around. However, composing a cool attitude, I left her with no words. I left the canteen, heading towards the hallway but with a slow pace. After a few steps, my name was called. It was from May for the first time. I was electrified by the shocking truth. She actually called my name. She walked towards me and held out some money to repay me for the ice cream. Without even thinking, I said something to send her flying..

TO BE CONTINUED...

No comments:

Post a Comment